In 1958 Robert and Sue Kilbey saw the need for innovation and quality in the orthopedic market and set out to create the company known today as Professional Products, Incorporated.
For more than four decades, Professional Products Inc. has developed innovative and cost-efficient orthopedic medical products. All of our products are Made In America, with quality our highest priority. EZYWRAP and EXoTec products, the companyӳ flagship brands, provide superior solutions for specific needs. As an industry leader, Professional Products (PPI) has introduced many innovations to the orthopedic discipline.
We were the first to use VelcroΠin the design of bandages, wraps and elastic supports, eliminating awkward metal clips. Addressing the need for increased patient comfort, PPI developed a perforated vinyl fabric that allowed for breathability and enhanced skin care. We also improved post-operative and post-injury pain relief and discomfort brought on by swelling with the introduction of our Heat/Cold Therapy line of products. These advancements, along with many others, set PPI products at the forefront of the industry.
Today, we offer more than 4,000 products, all competitively priced. PPI continues to be dedicated to being an agent for change in the orthopedic industry, with improved design and manufacture of products that improve the quality of patient care. Through strategic alliances, use of leading-edge technology and employee growth and innovation, we seek to remain a competitive manufacturer, make a reasonable profit, reward our employees and enrich the communities in which we operate.
|Professional Products Incorporated (PPI) is dedicated to the assessment of customer needs, patient comfort, favorable outcomes and to manufacture and supply medical products and services which exceed expectations. We strive to enhance customer profitability by providing products and services that add value to their operations. PPI has long been an innovator in the medical products market. We have developed numerous Ԇirsts in the IndustryԮ A number of our inventions and innovations are found here:|
- First to use a hook & loop closure (i.e. VelcroΩ on elastic.
- Patented and manufactured the first rib belts.
- Developed perforated vinyl with cotton for medical support use.
- Developed and introduced the first hinged rehab brace for post-op knee surgery that integrated the hinges with the softgoods.
- Developed the first drop lock aka quick release hinge for rehab knee bracing.
- Developed the first shoulder abduction pillow and combined functional hand support for post-op shoulder arthroscopy.
- Patented the first shoulder abduction pillow with opposite shoulder support.
- Patented the first cold therapy wrap for the shoulder.
- Developed the first combination arm sling/shoulder abduction pillow.
- Developed and introduced the first cold therapy wraps for the knee, ankle, elbow, and neck.Patented the first combination arm sling/shoulder immobilizer.
- Developed and introduced the first knee immobilizer with elastic closure.
- First to introduce video-based rehab for selected common injuries. (Ankle and shoulder)
- First to use VelcroΠclosures on elastic bandages eliminating clips.
- Introduced the first knee immobilizer with integrated cold therapy.
- First to develop an outcomes directed femoral fracture pillow.
- First to develop an outcomes directed hip abduction pillow.
- Developed the first wrist and forearm splint with removable stays to facilitate functional injury management
- Patent for the ARD٠line of rehab knee and elbow bracing
- Released the Liberty DSO٬ a uniquely designed ankle brace that allows unrestricted range-of-motion during sport and non-sport activities, while offering enhanced benefits of conventional bracing when in the inversion ԣritical zoneԮ
- Launched the patented Q4 FirstICEΠCryotherapy Compression System for both inpatient and outpatient use. It is hailed by medical professionals as "the next generation of cryotherapy".
- Developed the I.C.U. Vest Restraint which enables a nurse to safely position the patient while allowing quick access to attach monitoring devices, perform dressing changes or administer medication.
- We are confident that our patented hinge on all of our EXoTecΠbracing is superior to any other product on the market today.